December 10, 2004

A Little Peace of Palestine

I was walking through the aisles of Petco and made my way over to the Aquatic section to purchase some crickets for my garden. Once I had all 50 of them in the bag, I turned around and my attention wascaught by a young man and his female companion walking by a few yards away from me. I focused in on the man's t-shirt, making out the faint design on the back, and slowly my blood began to boil.

I realised that his t-shirt was depicting a star of david along with the initials I.D.F. "Friggin' Ashkenazi Zionist", I told myself. "How dare he walk around so proudly conveying his criminal status to the world!".

I grabbed my crickets and headed home.

As soon as I released them throughout the greenery, I headed back into my pad and hopped online, resolved to purchase something I had consistently been putting off; a bumper sticker with the words "Free Palestine". I decided to splurge a little by further purchasing 2 more items; a T-shirt with an athletic typeface that read "Palestine 48", and a little Palestinian flag to go on the antenna of my car.

Viva La Resistencia!

Now, I know that my Kuwaiti half has issues towards Palestinians as well as Iraqis due to Gulf War I. However I do not subscribe to the hatred and prejudisms projected because there are far more reasons that we unite rather than remain divided, and part of being a Muslim is one of them.

I took a job over at Cinema Libre Studio (www.cinemalibrestudio.com), a great little independent house that creates and distributes political, independent films. A few of their releases are:
Soldiers' Pay http://www.truthuncovered.com/soldierspay.html
Unconstitutional (a tear jerker) http://www.publicinterestpictures.org/unconstitutional/
Unprecedented http://www.unprecedented.org/
Uncovered: The War on Iraq (another tear jerker) http://www.truthuncovered.com/
Outfoxed (love this one!) http://www.outfoxed.org/

Do check them out!!!

So, getting back to the story... I took a job at CLS, and being that my co-workers were all for 'the cause', I felt completely at home knowing that they all shared my pro-Palestinian and anti-Bush sentiments. After all, nearly all our movies were anti-Bush.

Then, one day I get to work and by lunch time my bumper sticker was GONE! Someone had friggin' ripped it off of my car! Word spread throughout the studio, and it was deduced that due to the background of one of the potential investors of the studio, they had done it.

No biggie. I am going to purchase a much better bumper sticker from electronicintifada.com:







4 Comments:

Blogger Closet Diva said...

have you ever heard/seen the foreign film "Viva La Muerte"? I think it was filmed in Morroco..
i've been trying to find it but no luck!

December 10, 2004 10:21 PM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

I haven't seen it, yet:)

Have you tried The Internet Movie Database? I've found it there. See:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066530/


Peace:)

December 10, 2004 11:47 PM  
Blogger nibaq said...

"I grabbed my crickets and head home."

Best line ever!

One thing to do with bumper sticker is to tape them inside your back window. That way it doesn't get stolen or vandalized.

December 11, 2004 1:06 AM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Ahh! Would that I could! My rear windows are tinted, and the sticker would not have shown through.

December 11, 2004 2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home