December 27, 2005

The 30's.

Yup... I'm about to turn 33, and I find myself reflective on the good about being in one's 30's and what it took to get there.

Looking back on my 20's, I try not to wince as I recall in detail some of the horrible screw ups I have been through and I am thankful for having survived them.

The mindless mistakes and foolish risks taken, pushed by naive curiosity and warnings gone unheeded. In my arrogance I did not listen to those who were wiser in years and had been where I was about to head. Back then, I thought I knew it all. Little did I realize that they had survived to their age for something, and not nothing. It wasn't random. They earned it.

Today, I too have earned my age and look forward to earning my 40's.

Peace:-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Lovely :)
Happy Birthday

December 27, 2005 7:38 AM  
Blogger don_veto said...

happy birthday, I know its corny and cliche but today is the 1st day of the rest of your life.

December 27, 2005 9:24 AM  
Blogger Tooomz said...

Happy Birthday ;) Where's the party at? Hehehe

December 27, 2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

happy birthday in advance, cap? :)

December 27, 2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

delicaely realistic: hey! thanks! (in advance!)

don veto: how about this one: every day is a new day...

toomz: party is in my head! see you there!
flamingogirl:thaaank you m'dear! Jan. 29 is the date! Remember dat! and I want a pink camel that snorts glittery bubbles!

satisfiednina: gracias muchacha. it's all about earning the peace of mind! ;)

mewho!: who u callin a ho?! j/k. why?! 40's are the new 30's! that would make 20's the new teens;-)

December 30, 2005 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home