December 16, 2004

Urban Vinyl Galore

Brief update on yesterday: Looked for Zouina in all Santa Monica/West L.A. Animal Shelters... to no avail.

Today. Not much happened except that I was wisked off by Verna (my friend and attorney) over to her friends' Anna and Paul's shop Kidrobot. Tonight was their grand opening in Los Angeles, and we were admitted ahead of the rest because the qeue of fans was very long indeed! Reason being, aside from the toys, was that Gary Baseman was there signing and autographing everything from his colletible character items, to posters and postcards. I have seen his work in the LA Weekly and have enjoyed reading his comic strips, so it was a treat to have met him in person.

Tiny shop, lots of people, wine and energy soda being served. All items were great. I wished I had brought more money with me, but I was satisfied with the Gefilte fish I had purchased, although I may return for a Smorkin' Labbit and some T-shirts after the fanfair dies down over the next few days. Oh! Not to mention also members of the Dunny Dalek Series and Dunny Keychain.

Here's what I have to show:

















Description:

1) Kidrobot Los Angeles opening announcement
2) Front of Baseman's Dumb Luck postcard
3) Autographed back of Dumb Luck postcard
4) Baseman's Gefilte Fish character, signed collectible.

2 Comments:

Blogger nibaq said...

Envy.

December 19, 2004 5:55 AM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Vinyl Toy collecting is defintely a sub-culture on its own. Here, in the US (as well as Far East Asia), it's BIG and thriving.

How is it in Kuwait? Has the Vinyl Fever caught on? Im curious to know:-)

December 30, 2004 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home