February 12, 2005

Compotatio Dedicare å Desert Girl

This blog addition is dedicated to Desert Girl since she's so insistent that I write about the party we went to.

I ended up being taken out by Desert Girl, along with El Mexicano, to a villa that housed a few pink flamingos, ducks and a white and black llama. Who needs Kuwait zoo when you got it in your back yard?! I got my hand nuzzled by the llama and was thankful that I did not get spit on.

A few juice boxes and chocolate bars later we headed into the desert, taking a quick stop for some real food along the way.

We drove off into No-Man's Land, bumping up and down in the rental car. El Mexicano and I were wide-eyed at how Mad Max-ish the camps looked at night. It was VERY surreal. "Tribal" as El Mexicano put it.

Huge getoun tent with lots of seating. Good music, nice non-sleazy crowd of people [ergo: no hoochie mamas, except for 1], mostly foreigners and an open bar of which i drank tonic water with lime the entire night. There was also a BBQ outside with really tasty saj sandwiches being made.

One of the people who came with us was this very tall european woman that danced like a wind up doll all night. Amusing, and admirable I thought. She was in her element and was care-free.

Then came Tiger [with the sticky paws], as I shall refer to him, asking me to dance, he looked harmless so I did. He was somehat amorous and clearly inebriated and so expressibly taken with me. Beer bottle goggles? I think I'll keep him as just a business contact, my heart belongs with Mystery [to you] man.

Leaving the camp, we followed Tiger's car out and left him by some huge muddy puddle, driving instead the other way so as not to end up getting stuck. As we hit the freeway home, we spotted what we believed to be Tiger driving around in circles, literally. We had a good laugh over it.

Following day: brunch with El Mexicano, Desert Girl, Lucille Ball and a couple of other Americans.

Man, it was cold this weekend!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Desert Girl said...

Thanks for the dedication! :)

I forgot that we were calling him Tiger! HA. Did he call you yet? I'm sure he's in love with you. You used your magic on him, girl, and now he's hooked! It's fate. It's kismit. It's ... a drunk Lebanese guy in a mud puddle!!!

February 13, 2005 2:49 AM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Nope. However if he did, it would be purely business (as mentioned in blog).

February 13, 2005 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home