February 15, 2005

V-Day Survival tips for the single man-woman:

there are only two really and that is to surround yourself with FRIENDS. The other one would be a mantra that goes something like this:
"There's no such thing as V-Day and all the red I see is a result of burst ocular capillaries"

Mostly, I worked my heiney off. Overtimed during lunch (again today), and after business hours.

Last night I went over to Desert Girl's pad for the 'Pathetic Losers Valentine's Day Dinner', as she so aptly puts it. Let's see... we were 5. Myself, DG, El 'Surfin' Mexicano, Nazareth, and 'Con Air'. Great spread. Loved the BBQ'd salmon and all but I just could not get over the fact that she had the audacity to serve us hard, over-cooked plantains (koff! koff!) But we were polite guests and made a brave attempt to show her that we loved her 'chips'. Slathering them in plenty of sour cream and mango chutney before ingesting them did help some.

I DID get some presents for V-Day; got some chocolates from El Mexicano and some chocolates from DG and some chocolates from Lilli and nothing else from Nazareth and Con Air. Sheesh!

But it's all good, cause I did not get anyone anything! [obnoxious laugh]

So lately, I have to admit, it seems that most of the people in my close circle of friends are getting 'lucky' one way or the other this Valentine's but myself. Naturally so, as I am still the New Kid On The Block, however, I figure that I've 'dodged a bullet' on some level by not having found someone, so I will sit back and watch all the others in this "feature-length movie".

Make that extra butter on my pop-corn please! (mental note: MUST check out the gym!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Desert Girl said...

I APOLOGIZED for the rock-hard plantains! Jeez. :) They WERE nasty. I was just testing you guys to see what kind of friends you are! You passed.

After all that work barbecuing the friggin fish, I liked Con Air’s comment, “The best way to cook salmon is in the microwave”. Ok, so he got me on that one. It is really good in the nuker.

Next time - seafood night! Steamed crabs & shrimp with Old Bay, clams, mussels, fish...

February 15, 2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

and for dessert I'll bring my tarte au citrons. Not found anywhere on earth but Tangier:-)

February 15, 2005 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home