June 27, 2005

Random Occurences

I haven't heard from firefighter, it's been just over a week. I am guessing he's found other fires to put out, as this one is just inextinguishable (is there such a word? i don't know!) Well, he can sod off... ;-)

A relative of mine has left Kuwait for the next two months and has entrusted me with her maserati. I suppose this must be some compensation for having to endure the summer heat while everyone's flown away. I drove the car home tonight. It's not quite my thing; i found the seat slightly hard for my soft bum and the car's a little too low for my liking.

I've come to realise, I am a 4x4 girl at heart, despite the fact that I love speed (something my father, a former pro-am car racer, passed onto me genetically). Ask any coworker of mine and they will tell you that I am a wrecklessly good driver. ;-)

Oh! I have completely forgotten to mention that I have found a flat. It's a one-bedroom in Shaab and has sea view. Infact, my friends will be able to tell whether or not I am home just by looking up at the building while driving on Gulf Street, just please do not get into a wreck! ;-)

I had hired a painter to come and do the place and had selected a (wrong) shade of yellow for the livingroom, which left me positively ill every time I set foot in there. The colour's energy was too loud, and one could not chill out easily in that room, so I had the painter redo it in a less obtrusive shade of yellow, by adding some white and red, giving it a sandy-yellow hue. Very nice:-)

The bedroom is a sort of medium purple-lilac, to set a contrast with the living room colour. Will have photos posted soon.

Right now I am working on getting wooden flooring. I am going to be quite broke this month! But it's for a good cause (shopping!) so I'm still smiling:-D

I went over to Sultan Center in Sharq last night to buy a digital camera so I could go to IKEA and The One to snap photos of their furniture (to be made). The model I wanted was the last one left, and it was the one used for display.
I told them I would buy it if they gave me a discount on it, cause afterall, everyone, myself included, had fiddled with it, so it was practically a used camera.

"No!" came back the answer. I was aghast. "Sexcuuuuse me! This is a used camera, and you expect me to pay full price for it?! You must be joking!"

They wouldn't give, and neither would I! What is wrongwith these people?!

"They don't care (x3)" said DesertGirl when I ranted on about it. Still however, I am ranting about it here as well because I am positively pissed over the sheer moronicity (my own made-up word) of it all!

7 Comments:

Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Dear Alegra,

I'm alright, and of course I miss the life I left behind in California. A lot. However, la vie continue and I am trying to make the best of it for now in Kuwait.

I have to be honest and say that professionally, I have more happening here, than in the US. Mainly because of the better salaries, in contrast to a stagnant job market in the US (all Bush's doing, of course).

My purpose in coming back here was to make lots and lots of money and leave ;-) Hahahah... maybe a husband too... just not a kuwaiti one, unless he's exactly like myself and better;-)

Kuwait is not so bad if you know the right people. This applies to any place on earth. Admittedly the heat is a bitch here. So bring lots of ice with you when you visit, alright?!

Peace:-)

June 27, 2005 10:38 PM  
Blogger Desert Girl said...

You should just thank GOD that you found a friend like ME! :)

Maserati??? When were you planning to tell me? When are we cruising? By the way, you drive like a little old lady. I'm not joking. Your dad may have been a speed demon, but you...

Do you really think the salaries are better here than in the US? I don't think so. The cost of living is a lot lower but the pay sucks for the most part - unless you a ho.

Ta taaa

Desert Girl

June 29, 2005 4:39 AM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Finally she comments on my blog!!

Darling, I HAD to drive like an old lady, cause it was the Daimler; I do not want to ruin it before I get a chance to sell it...

But the Maserati... that's something else;-)

June 29, 2005 7:26 AM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Oh, regarding the higher salaries... heck yes, Im making so much more than I did in the US.

Considering the stagnating American job market, and low incomes, high taxes, as well as most (designers) going freelance due to low employment opps, I'd have to say that Kuwait is fairing much better... plus, I dont have to give 1/2 my salary away to taxes:-D


Alegra, one needen't be a ho to make it in Kuwait... Im living proof;-)

June 29, 2005 7:29 AM  
Blogger Reema said...

I'm currently living in the US, and as a Kuwaiti married to an American i have to say that financially living in Kuwait is way too better then here like you stated because of the money, at least back home we don't have taxes and bills to pay. Personally i love living in the US, and I'm kinda sick of Kuwaiti society. Sadly soon we'll be going back to Kuwait once we save enough money only then we'll move back to the US.

June 30, 2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Dear Reema,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my blog. Welcome:-)

When you move to Kuwait, look me up. HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL NOT BE SO MELANCHOLIC FOR YOU:-)

sorry about the caps!

July 01, 2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

AlegraI myself got lucky wth the job i have; which was thru a friend's husband who was leaving, and I came in as his replacement.

I think there are some websites that have jobs listed. I know the international section of Monster.com does.

Y quando vas a venir a Koweit? Nosotros te esperaremos!

July 05, 2005 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home