March 29, 2005

Back in the Souk

Felt like I was back in the Moroccan Souk. Was nice to be home on some level... i say home because I spent most of my childhood in Tangier, from 79-88.

I went over to a tailor to check out how much it would cost to have a few clothing items made, and to my disappointment realized I was being ripped off. But that's ok, I know the cousin of the owner of that tailorshop, so I will mention something to her and hope for a better price.

In the meantime, I headed straight over to the Indian Heritage where I found my favorite Indian cotton, called Mal Mal Cotton. It is a sort of gauze-like cotton, the kind that Indian Banjara scarves are made from. I will update this blog with info on some good cloth stores.

I ran into this one Indian shop that makes shoes, but gorgeous ethnic Indian slippers. They also can create custom made versions, so I put in an order for some moroccan style baboushes to be made from the softest leather ever! Can't wait! 15KD only:-) and the workers are pretty nice guys:-) I do feel like I lucked out!

I do not think Kuwait is as boring as some other people feel it is... there really is lots to do. :-D

1 Comments:

Blogger Truth Seeker said...

It's at the Indian Heritage, behind the main building. Email me at bigcurls@gmail.com and we can make arrangements to go in a week.

Can you handle flat shoes, Not Without My Heels? ;-)

March 30, 2005 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home