March 28, 2005

Double-Whammy Flashback!

Ok, so I'm at work today and us girls (me and my coworkers) are thinking sushi... (God! I eat a lot of that stuff!)
I am telling them, let's go after work, cause we do not have time within the one-hour lunch period to go get stuffed on fish. I say, "We are 4 girls, and there is no way that our food will be done quickly, take it from me". But nooooooo! They insisted on going, so I tagged along with annoyance at not having my words of wisdom heeded...

We got to Maki's and we were the only ones there, save for a couple in the far end. I noticed a good looking woman sitting next to our table (and no, subfuc... I mean subjunct, I am not a lesbian). She was looking and smiling at me. She says hello, and I say hi back, then she proceeds to ask me whether or not I went to X boarding school. My face lit up as I recognized her! 'Amazonia' I had not seen her in 16 years!!!

We gave each other the TV Guide update of our last 16 yrs, then exchanged numbers. I was blown away! Who would hve thought! I have thought of her often (in a non-lesbian way) over the years, such as the day this jerk burned my hair in class and Amazonia got into a fit with him over it, telling him off strongly. She has not changed much. Still very tall, and with the same beautiful mane of long, long hair and huge almond shaped eyes.

About 10 minutes later, in comes another woman and we double took on one another. Zaina! Wow! And of all people, it was Amazonia's table she went towards! Getting up, I exclaimed loudly "What is this?! Out of the blue meet-up-day?! First Amazonia, and now you?!" We hugged and blabbed about how long it had been yadda, yadda, yadda!

I think I may see them over the weekend.

Great stuff!

As I had predicted, we got back to work late... Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home