July 03, 2005

Death of a Teaboy

I think I may end up killing our office teaboy. I derive great pleasure from spooking him to death...

In our office, we have these 6 sliding bookshelves that span from the floor up to the ceiling. If you slide the first 2 open, and then the 2nd two again, you can make room within the shelves to hide, by sliding the first 2 closed .

so it would be something like:

| | |
|o| | where "o" is you.

Teaboy comes along to clean out the trash bin, which happens to be convieniently positioned right by the sliding bookshelves. Once he gets close enough, I slide the first two sheves open and Boooooo my way out!


Another tactic is when I see him coming up the hallway to xerox some papers, I quickly walk towards the bathroom (which is adjacent to the xerox room), although he cannot see that I've slipped into the xerox room to hide behind the corner. He thinks I've gone to the loo.

Once he enters the xerox room unsuspectingly, again i Booooooo him!

Poor thing. I did it today and it took him a few minutes to recover. After his fright. he turned his face to the wall, like a punished child, and I could tell he was hiding a smile. Hehee

His revenge: to walk around the office a little and then come up to me and touch my arm in hopes of giving me a little static shock... owie!

I'm gonna start making my own cups of tea from now on...

7 Comments:

Blogger Jazz Central said...

This is too funny! Why do u constantly bug him? How long has this been going on :) LOL...I can just picture his face when u "booo" him :)

July 03, 2005 6:12 AM  
Blogger Reema said...

I like that nickname "Teaboy" lol

July 03, 2005 9:46 AM  
Blogger Desert Girl said...

And you wonder WHY he pees in your coffee? "oooooh... you very funny.... how bout some of this...."

July 03, 2005 11:06 PM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

jazz: hmm i dunno. he was born for the role;-) its been going on for the last 2-3 months now.

reema: well, that's what he is! Teaboy! or Coffeeboy, depending on your beverage of choice...

amerab: hopefully not Peeboy!

July 04, 2005 1:16 AM  
Blogger Spontaneousnessity said...

lol! glad I went through your post I've been having one slow day! oh and I have wild imagination so it worked out just fine to picture the scene! thanx for the tip I'll do that to our teaboy :)

July 09, 2005 1:11 AM  
Blogger Desert Girl said...

when are you going to get off your lazy ___ and post something?

Our teaboy's name is Ragu (like the spagetti sauce). He is a rather timid guy and - although not as harsh an unfeeling as you - I sometimes scare him; usually just by shouting his name because he jumps and says, "Yes, Madame?" tee hee.

July 11, 2005 1:01 AM  
Blogger Desert Girl said...

You are SO boring me!

July 18, 2005 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home